[no subject]

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
From: "Kevin L. Schreiber" <schreik@INFINET.COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 21:35:39 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
As I recall from previous discussions on this group, Sybase is a
requirement with CiscoWorks. Also make sure you have a hefty enough machine
to support all these products. Transcend can be a real cpu/memory hog and
will bog down most machines. I would guess any unix box of 200 Mhz/256-512
Meg of Ram / 4-9Gigs of drive should be sufficent.
We had this same confuguration on an older IBM 39H with 256Meg of RAM but a
66Mhz processor. The system would get real slow.