Re: Dual home NetView 5.0 Server

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Dual home NetView 5.0 Server
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 20:35:20 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Also, on AIX V4, you might want to turn on ipforwarding  with the ' no -o
ipforwarding=1' and set
that in a file that gets exectuted at boot time, like /etc/rc.net. This
defaulted to 1 in earlier versions
of AIX, but now defaults to 0. Without it, the box does not show up on the top
submap where it
belongs.

Cordially,

Leslie Clark
IBM Global Services - Network & Systems Management - Detroit

Scott,

You need to setup routing either by configuring static routes or setting up
the routed daemon.  I prefer to run the routed daemon and make sure you set
it to quiet mode.  If you don't the host will advertise RIP routes...

THe differing subnet masks will not be a problem.

HTH,
Doug...