Réf. : help

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Réf. : help
From: Eric Filippi <efilippi@EURHONE.E-MAIL.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 09:44:30 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Leonardo,

The subnets Netmon can't discover might be over than one gateway away from
the Netview server. Use gateways in your seedfile.

Without any seedfile, netmon will only discover its own subnet.
With a seedfile, if you enter the name or IP address of a gateway, Netmon
wil discover the subnets right around it. However, the gateway has to be
snmp supported in order to allow Netmon to catch informations on the
interfaces.
On the gateway :
     Check the community name
On the Netview :
     Check the snmp configuration in the "Option" "snmp Configuration"
menu

If some of your gateways are not snmp supported, use a range of addresses
to discover subnets that are behind.
you have the following syntaxe for instance :

194.150.150.* : Netmon will discover at least all the IP objects of this
subnet
194.150.150.60-120 :     Netmon will discover at most all the IP objects of
this range of addresses
               Be carefull with this syntaxe, it causes a restriction to
the discovery process

You have to keep one think in mind : Gateways snmp objetcs make the best
seeds.

Cheers,
Eric.

Eric Filippi (efilippi@eurhone.e-mail.com)
Eurhone
IBM Global Service Ouest
Lyon
FRANCE

g152749@POLVO.UFSCAR.BR on 09/06/98 22:00:28

Veuillez répondre à NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu

Pour :    NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu
cc :   (ccc : Eric FILIPPI/VAISE/EURHONE/FR)
Objet :   help

Hi all,
I'm begging to learn Netview. I'd like help.
I'm using the Netview 5.0 for NT. I have a problem, because i can't see
all my network. I don't know what is the problem. My network has got 50
subnets, but i can see only 12 subnets.
I'm trying to use a Seedfile, but I don't know if is it right?
And, i have another dout. If I put the IP of gateway in the seedfile, I
will see the subnet?
How can i see all my network?
Thanks in advanced!
Leonardo Brochado da Silva