Re: Protocols app and Optivity

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Protocols app and Optivity
From: David Easter <David_Easter@BAYNETWORKS.COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 12:52:14 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Leslie,

  In earlier versions of Optivity, the startup scripts searched for a
daemon called "tmd" - the old TrendMan daemon.  Since this was done with a
simple "grep", it would find the "gtmd" daemon as well and kill it.  The
scripts involved are "sa_init" and "sa_term".  This was fixed in LAN 7.1,
but if you are still seeing the problem, just edit those scripts and remove
the references to 'tmd'.  I'd also put a call into your local TSC and
report that Vantive ID #25723 appears to still be a problem.

-David J. Easter
Product Manager - Optivity NMS, Network Management Division
Bay Networks, Inc. - Where Information Flows.

-=-Regarding-=-