Re: netview for AIX and PTF's

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: netview for AIX and PTF's
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 16:40:54 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I think you are at the right place but U450745 was withdrawn due to some
bad fixes to netmon and ipmap, so it should not be there.  You should get
the superseding PTF  U451880 instead.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

jistdc1@FIREMAIL.JBHUNT.COM on 06/24/98 03:59:49 PM

Please respond to NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:    (bcc: James Shanks)
Subject:  netview for AIX and PTF's

Can anyone help me locate the ftp/web site where PTF's from
IBM are located?

I am getting ready to install Nways Manager for AIX v1.2 and
it states that I need NetView for AIX v.4 with PTF U450745
or later.  My OS is at 4.2.1.0.

I went to:

aix.boulder.ibm.com/aix/fixes/v4/nv6000/

And could not find this PTF.  I have called IBM and they are
sending it on tape, but I would like to see if I could speed
things up a little.

Thanks,
Daniel
jistdc1@mail.jbhunt.com