Threshold and Collection Datas with APM

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Threshold and Collection Datas with APM
From: Jean-Marc RAKOTOARIVELO <jmrakoto@EURHONE.E-MAIL.COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 19:48:32 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

I'm running Netview V4 and using System Monitor 231 for AIX. I've use APM
to distribute monitoring over Filesystems and Process.
Unfortunately APM brings me the same Threshold Icon to represent Filesystem
Monitoring and Process Monitoring on my map. How can i make difference ?

So who can tell me how to represent differently "Filesystem" monitored
Icons and "Process" monitored Icons.

1 - I've tried to modified oid_to_sym like follows but i doesn't work :

   1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.12.2.7:Software:Process
   1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.12.2.5:Software:File System

2- I've tried too changing the symbol type manually by Edit --> Change
Symbol Type, it works until i leave the GUI.
     If i leave the GUI it brings me back Threshold Icon and original Label
 defined under APM.

In a few words something crazy no ?

Any ideas or suggestions will be great and appreciate.