mib2trap

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: mib2trap
From: Jeremy Worrell <jw@UK.IBMMAIL.COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 05:47:23 EDT
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
All,

I recently heard about a utility called "mib2trap" (or mib_to_trap ?)
that comes free with Netview 5.0a and can be used to generate trapd.conf
entries from MIB source files.

Is this utility on Unix only, because
I can't find it anywhere on my installation of Netview 5 for NT?

Also, does it rely on specific trap support within the MIB it operates
on, or does it just try to create the standard 6 trap types based on
the leaf entries of the MIB?

Thanks,

Jeremy.

 Jeremy Worrell (CS), IBM UK Ltd.                Int. 7-449759
 NT Technical Platform Development      Ext. +44 (1438) 769759