snmpcollect on Netview for NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: snmpcollect on Netview for NT
From: Salvador Pinyol <spinyol@HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 07:08:32 PDT
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
hi:

I have a node whose snmp community is diferent to public, so I've
modified the snmp settings of the netview for this node. The problem is
that when I try to collect mibs of this node the snmpcollect needs a lot
of time to start and after starting, the data collected doesn't
correspond with the node. I think that when you specify a different snmp
configuration for a specific node, snmpcollect assumes that it must
collect data for this node throught a proxy, even the proxy option on
snmp settings is off.

Does anybody know how to workaround this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Salvador Pinyol
spinyol@softhome.net