Problems with collection Groups

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Problems with collection Groups
From: Peter Hadamovsky <phadamovsky@DEBIS.DE>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 09:26:52 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello there,

I hope there is anybody out there to give me a hand?

The problem that occured is: A router (cisco) went down and all the
other devices (routers) haven't been reachable. NV5 realized this - and
showed all the routers in a collection group (for all unreachable
routers) red and in the maps as well. First where is the fault
correlation mechanism in this tool - and second; even half an hour after
the failed router came up all the other routers still indicated red! So
I started a demand poll and magic - it worked, the former "faulty"
routers went off the collection group and green again in the maps, but
why is NV5 not able doing (recognizing) this, as a task I would expect
of this highly sophisticated tool?

Any ideas?

Please reply to:

Peter Hadamovsky