Collection facilty to specify discover unmanaged

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Collection facilty to specify discover unmanaged
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@SKILLS-1ST.CO.UK>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 17:23:26 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I have defined a collection based on isSNMPSupported=False, which works
fine.  I have now defined that collection in SNMP Configuration, to be
discovered unmanaged, but the nodes that don't support SNMP, although
being dynamically added to my collection, they are not unmanaged.  Any
hints?

I know I can hack oid_to_type and put a similar definition in there, but
this seems very inelegant compared with the new capabilities of SNMP
Config combined with collections.  What happens (is supposed to happen)
to the underlying config files when I use the collections method?

Any help gratefully appreciated,
Jane
--
Jane Curry