Event Description, Event Configuration

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Event Description, Event Configuration
From: Moise Dignard <DignardM@STENTOR.CA>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 13:38:55 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi all, the question I have for you today is concerning Event
Configuration. Basically here's the scenario:

Go to the Control desk...select one event (by clicking on it)...Go to
Options (in the Control desk menu)...Event Description...click on Modify
(this let's you modify the selected event)

After I entered a modification in the "Event log Message" and everything
works fine. My question is:

Is there a way to propagate that change in other NV box's, because there
are 3 other NV's that monitor's the same equipment but I don?t want to add
every modification that was made on my box to every other box (it would be
to long).

Or, there must be a file (somewhere on my box) that contains those events
modification (the entire event configuration file), and I could just ftp
that file to the other NV station. Therefore those events will be changed
on the other NV also. But I don't know the name of that file or were is it.
Could someone help me.

Regards
Moe

PS NetView V5