Re: netmon configuration

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: netmon configuration
From: "Houle, Stephen A" <sh32829@IMCNAM.SBI.COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 16:30:00 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
You can't change it.  When a node is discovered, all interfaces get
discovered.  When an interface is discovered, it has to have a network to
belong to.

Rest assured, Netview will not discover any other nodes in the excluded
networks unless those nodes themselves have interfaces in non-excluded
networks.

You can hide the excluded networks if you don't want to see them.  The menu
choice is "Edit -> Hide Objects -> From This Submap".  You can also unmanage
the network, if you want to be really sure of things.  If you do, make sure
the interface itself is hidden/unhidden/managed/unmanaged based on how you
want it handled.

If I'm wrong, someone please let me know.  I've got networks I don't want in
my maps, too.

Steve