MLM and NetView

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: MLM and NetView
From: Rozi-Ai Abd-Rahman <Ai@MESINIAGA.COM.MY>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 11:44:56 +0800
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi NetView forum readers, I would like to ask a few question regarding MLM
and NetView. I have a customer which are currently running NetView 4 + AIX
4.1.4 + Transcend Enterprise Manager 4.1 managing ATM network. The customer
has got new requirement to link this site to another 20 sites nation wide
and want to manage all the site from the main site using MLM for NT

To buy a MLM for AIX and install for 20 sites is expensive so I would like
to use MLM for NT instead just to manage a router, a few hubs and PCs on
the remote site and install it on the existing NT server they have

1) I was told that I can get MLM for NT for free with NetView 5.1 is this
right
2) How is the licensing of this MLM? . Does it mean that once I upgrade the
AIX NetView to version 5.1 I will get free MLM for NT and I can install
onto that 20 machine all over the place .
3) What is the requirement for this MLM (for NT), memory , hd space,
Hardware
    lease line speed
4) Can I install this on any NT machine running without having to have a
dedicated machine
5) And what is the HW, SW  requirement for the TME 10 NetView 5.1 for AIX
if I were to upgrade.

Thanks for your help