Attribute Values

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Attribute Values
From: Don_Franklin/Systems/Central/SunLife@SUNLIFEOFCANADA.COM
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 10:22:10 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
     We are trying to use the Ruleset Editor to limit broadcasts. Among the
attribute values we encounter are Severity, Category, Source, etc. Then it
comes to Community Name, and "1 - 50" which is our problem area. The
documentation that we have defines that value as "Trap variable which
varies by enterprise or trap". This does not help us. Only by luck we
discovered that 2 is the hostname.
     Where do we look to find out what the other 49 variables represent? If
it is undocumented (as opposed to us being simply unable to find the
infomation) how do we get the variables to display somewhere so that we can
then search the string for keywords?
     Thanks
Don Franklin (Sun Life)