Tralertd database

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Tralertd database
From: Vynita Pretorius <vpretor@FAST.CO.ZA>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 20:14:42 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
-- [ From: Vynita Pretorius * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Hi all

We run msmip which feed msm on Netview M/F
Our system AIX 4.1.5. Netview 4.1 Service point and SNA comms server and
msmip
Automation on the mainframe checks to see messages/ alerts being
sent from the Netview /AIX. If in an allotted time it does not receive an
alert
it starts alerting on the Netview M/F consoles.
I have written automation to check Spappld and tralertd Service point and
SNA connectivity and send an alert every 5 minutes, which works well,
However sometimes The automation
on the M/F starts alerting yet if I send an alert it gets to NPDA.
1) Could our alerts be corrupt
2) The only warning on the AIX side is that tralertd is unable to write to
the database yet the filesystem has plenty on space.

Could anybody tell me why this is happening.

Thanks
Vynita P