Host to AIX RISC/6000 at T1 speed.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Host to AIX RISC/6000 at T1 speed.
From: Tom Moore <tom.moore@SIRIUSCOM.COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 14:45:29 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
This is not a NetView AIX problem.  However, what I need may well be
implemented many NetView for AIX shops that use monitor SNA communications
with NetView .

Has anyone successfully connected your AIX IBM RISC/6000 using SNA to a
mainframe host at T1 speed.  If so, what solution did you use?  We are
trying to find many alternatives.  They may include but do not have to
limited by
     - Direct with a  RISC 6000 ARTIC card, although we want to move to PCI
bus RS6000 and I'm unaware
       of a card for this environment.
    -  Spoofer on the RISC/6000 remote side, that is T1 SDLC coming in and
converted to E-net or Token Ring..
    -  Spoofer on the Host side, although the host side in our situation
must remain as a SDLC communication
        connection.  Thus I would still have a box like above SDLC to E-net
or Token-RIng then routed T1 to the
        RS6000 site.

Please forward any response directly to me at tom.moore@siriuscom.com,
since cluttering the NetView forum with this specific problem is not
desirable.  If you will include a phone number for contacting you directly
it would be desirable.