Re: Nways ATM Manager w/NetView Question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Nways ATM Manager w/NetView Question
From: Jim Kellock <jkelloc@IBM.NET>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 21:50:22 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
The 1.1. Nways code is no longer supported.  Current level is 1.2.1, and
1.2.2 is dues to GA 7/31 (read mid-August).  PTF's for 1.1 may not be
available any longer.

Check the following:
1. nettl log (/usr/OV/bin/netfmt -f /usr/OV/nettl.LOG00 > <filename>)
2. Turn on a trace for ahmtopod ( remove the file
/usr/CML/trace/ahmtopo.trace if it exists, create the file
/usr/CML/trace containing only the text "debug -ALL", and run
"/usr/CML/bin/cmlstart ahmtopod".  Once it is running, "kill -31", let
it run while you go through whatever you normally do when you're using
the applications, then "kill -31" again.  The contents of this trace may
or may not be meaningful.  Check for "error".  If it isn't meaningful,
place a support call, but you may not get support for this level of
code.

Also- do "ovstop cmld".  When the prompt comes back, ovstop the RABM
daemons if you are using RABM (NCMPserver and rabmEventServer), then cd
to /usr/CML/OStore/cache, and rm * (Please be sure you really are in
/usr/CML/OStore/cache.  The /usr/CML/OStore contains your database
schemas and you don't want to delete those.)  This will remove any
corrupted cache files.  Then do "ovstart cmld" and the RABM daemons is
you run RABM.

Are you also losing iubd?  These two are similar in some problem areas.
If only ahmtopod is failing, then you may want to clear your ATM
topology database, too. (smit->Commo->Nways->Maintain-> and find the ATM
topology clear option.)

Please be aware that base level Nways 1.1 without PTF had some problems
with ahmtopod.  There were memory leaks and other instability.

The 1.2.1 CD is available (60 day try-and-buy) or, if you want, as a ptf
U656595.  Same code either way.  If you have the i4ls licenses it's
permanent, if not either gives you 60 days.

Hope this helps.