RE NetView Machine Hung after installing CiscoWorks 3.0.3

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE NetView Machine Hung after installing CiscoWorks 3.0.3
From: Rozi-Ai Abd-Rahman <Ai@MESINIAGA.COM.MY>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 18:11:10 +0800
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Uwe , Juergen  and other forum readers Thanks for replying to my
questions and I think the problem is solved now thanks for your
help...However I am still observing the behaviour..
It seems like there are two parts of this problems. 1st the machine hang
and the second is the sybase problem...Your respons solved the first
problem..and the following is the response that I get from Cisco support on
the second part of the problem,
 ____________________________CISCO ANSWERS_________________________
Sybase requires that the portable stream environment be loaded. Please
check the /etc/pse.conf file for the driver entries:
# 2. Uncomment the following lines as needed and, after the next machine
# reboot, these drivers and modules will become available for use. If you
# always want any of the following drivers or modules configured after
every
# reboot, use method 2.
#
# PSE drivers
d+ dlpi en /dev/dlpi/en # streams dlpi ethernet driver
d+ dlpi et /dev/dlpi/et # streams dlpi 802.3 driver
#d+ dlpi tr /dev/dlpi/tr # streams dlpi token ring driver
#d+ dlpi fi /dev/dlpi/fi # streams dlpi FDDI driver
You need to uncomment the lines applicable to your works

Thanks
Rozi-Ai
ai@mesiniaga.com.my
roziai@hotmail.com