Re: Associating commands with events?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Associating commands with events?
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 11:17:25 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Yes, you can associate events with commands.  Some are already provided fro
you.  To see them from your events window, pull-down Options and select
"Additonal Actions".  You can have your action apply to all events in the
workspace or just the one(s) you select, as appropriate to the command.

To add your own, what you want to do is called "Configure Additional
Actions" and you do it from the Event Configuration screen (xnmtrap).
There is a button for this at the bottom.  But the command string requires
a special format, which is defined in the man page for trapd.conf.  You
might want to read that first (man trapd.conf).  Then if you have trouble
on the panel, click "Help" and read the contextual help.  It  has a pointer
to the format stuff.

Good luck

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support