Re: Framework version

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Framework version
From: Paul Sandler <PMSandler@AOL.COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 00:23:58 EDT
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

<< I've recieved, for installing the Tivoli netview 5.0, the next
 Framework version:

       TME 10 Framework(For UNIX 3.2/4.0.A) Version 3.1.1

 It's this version correct for installing in my server that is
 runing AIX 4.2.

You have the wrong Framework for AIX.  This incorrect shipping problem is
widespread.  I guess the ordering process has some glitches that cause IBM to
ship the CD for installation on a DEC Alpha.  That's what you have.  Too bad
it isn't labelled better so you would have known right away.

You need:  TME10 Framework Version 3.1 Revision C   LK2T-6059-02
and           TME10 Framework Version 3.1.1 Service Pack 1   LK2T-6108-00

The books are the same, but the CD you have will not work.

Paul Sandler