Netview DB replication

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview DB replication
From: Larry Chevres <Larry_Chevres@CCMAIL.PRUSEC.COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 13:00:09 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
 I have two independant Netview servers (v4.1.2), and I wish to
 perform a db and map copy from one (primary) to the other (backup)
 after certain weekly updates are performed.  I tried copying all the
 databases under the openview directory but nv6000 complains that the
 maps are from another server.  To get around this I aliased the
 primary server's name for the backup server and removed the primary
 server entry in /etc/hosts and everything worked fine.

 My question being is there a more appropriate way to replicate the
 databases from one server to another; my method seems a bit ugly.
 Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 Thanks,

 Larry Chevres
 AVP, Network Planning