Status events

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Status events
From: "Pretorius, Vynita" <VPretorius@FNB.CO.ZA>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 11:33:15 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi all

I am running Netview/AIX 4.1.2.0.U449573

I have encountered a problem with the event configuration. I discovered
a NT machine
and I have configured specific events to make the status make the icon
red or green,
I specified enterprise Specific 1 (application down) status event, down
, critical
because if the application is down it must go red on the map.
The event card comes up red but the icon does not change colour , so I
ran a sent snmp trap(netview Diagnose) and it also does not go red.
How do I get Netview to change colours on the map?

Thanks
Vynita P