Re: Maintenance mode

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Maintenance mode
From: Steven Thornhill <Steven.Thornhill@SOUTHERNELECTRIC.CO.UK>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 09:13:07 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

  The different numbers in the options relate to the amount of system that
will start up. If you look in /etc/inittab you will see numbers in the second
column. Generally if no modifications have been made, then default (normal)
run level is 2. This will start all the processes in inittab with a 2 in them.

You can change, or add things to this file to start up at specific run-levels,
up to the max value of 9. Check the man pages for `init` if you need a more in
depth explanation.

Steve