Re: Event Attribute Varibale Bindings question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Event Attribute Varibale Bindings question
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 16:52:02 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
The problem you are having is that the word subfunction is a feature only
of the Event Attribute node in a ruleset (that's what 5-35 is talking
about) and you are trying to do it in TEC Slot mapping in Event
Configuration, where it is not supported (unfortunately).    I don't have a
good suggestion for you to use as a substitute.  There is a PRINTF function
that might be of some help, but it doesn't work until V5.1.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Ken Guettler <Ken.Guettler@MARYVILLE.COM> on 08/07/98 04:35:51 PM

      NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>