AW: Problem with MLM - conflict with 'portmap'?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: AW: Problem with MLM - conflict with 'portmap'?
From: "Brunschede, Gerd" <Gerd.Brunschede@HIK.FZK.DE>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 14:05:25 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

        []
        Hello,

        yes, we saw a similiar problem after migration from NV 4.1 with
MLM-Products to NV 5.
        The performance went down dramiticly on our AIX-Nodes. After
stopping the MLM-
        Products (MLM,SLM and SIA) and deleting them the problems has
gone.

        The monitoring of our AIX-nodes we are doing now with TME10 DM
3.5 without any
        performance-problem.

        What now we cannot use are the private MIB-variables. We can
live with this
        ristriction.

        Gerd Brunschede
        Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe GmbH