Re: bootp

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: bootp
From: Daniel Casey <jistdc1@FIREMAIL.JBHUNT.COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 15:06:50 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I apologize for that, it is a hub, not a router.

"Owens, Blaine" <bowens@EASTMAN.COM> on 08/11/98 02:53:19 PM

      NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu
cc:    (bcc: Daniel Casey/Corporate/JBHunt)

If I'm reading this right - there is a router between your hub and your
server. If this is the case, the router will not pass the bootp request
unless you configure the router with an "IP Helper" address (which is
the IP address of the bootp server).

Blaine Owens
bowens@eastman.com