Re: Event Console Trouble

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Event Console Trouble
From: "Brook, Bryan S" <bryan.s.brook@LMCO.COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 13:28:38 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
> ----------

Netview:
1)  Check to ensure you have events (traps) in the event view display in the
TME10 Netview GUI.
2) In the TME10 desktop, right click on your netview server icon & choose
Configure event forwarding to the TEC.  In the popup, enable forwarding,
choose a TEC server, then specify a rule (forwardall.rs).

TEC:
3) The BAROC file (nvserverd.baroc) needs to imported, compiled into the
rulebase, then loaded into the rules base.  Stop the event server, then
restart the event server.

I am not entirely familiar with NV v4 but i think the logfile adapter was
tecad_nv6k.  This has been replaced in NV v5 with nvserverd.  There is no
need for a logfile adapter anymore.  There should be a wXXXXX command that
will tell you what event classes the TEC knows about.  During the compile
stage, make sure you see the nvserverd.baroc.

I hope this helps!

Bryan