Re: NV 5.0 can't call tivoli

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NV 5.0 can't call tivoli
From: Will Mason <wmason@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 22:35:50 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
The oserv doesn't like it when you change the name or IP on
the TMR server.  Try the following command:

source your Tivoli environment.

for ksh:

# . /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh

then type the following:

# oserv -k $DBDIR -Nali

This should tell the oserv not to care what the IP address is and
go ahead and start up.  There is also a section on the framework
manual that explains how to change name and IP on a system without
destroying the oserv.  If you use the -Nali argument, it probably won't
help any managed nodes to connect.  There is a complete operation
technique to get all this changed.  My recommendation is to change
the IP and name back to the old, restart the oserv, make sure everything
is connected, then run the commands in the manual, with the oserv running.

Good Luck,

Will

Will Mason
512-436-8144 office
800-309-6582 alpha pager
3096582@skytel.com alpha pager by email
wmason@tivoli.com

http://www.tivoli.com

"While the inferior man seeks to put the blame on
other persons, bewailing his fate, the superior
man seeks the error within himself."

I-Ching