Re: netview 4.1 and optivity nms 8.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: netview 4.1 and optivity nms 8.1
From: Steven Valente <svalente@BAYNETWORKS.COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 12:19:57 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello,

There are no known issues with installing Optivity NMS 8.1 on a NV 4.1
system.  You fail to mention the version of AIX you are running, but
assuming it is 4.x there  is no known conflict there either.

I am also assuming that upon uninstall of Optivity NMS 8.1 you are
continuing to have the problem with the NV daemons.  If this is true, it is
not likely that Optivity has created this problem for you and the
installation and occurrence of the problem may be purely coincidental.

Perhaps others will chime in with similar problems, but we are not aware of
any known issues on this platform combination at Bay and there are no
required patches revolving around install issues on this platform.

Sorry to not be able to be of further help.

Regards,
Steve Valente
Bay Networks
Optivity Unix Support