Changing format for Events to T/EC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Changing format for Events to T/EC
From: "Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott@WESTGROUP.COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 17:43:53 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Is there a way to change the format of ALL NV events that get forwarded
to T/EC to send a specific NV variable(s)?  We would like to send the NV
collection names of ALL collections that the node belongs to when
specific event(s) is forwarded to T/EC.  I know we can use the "nvUtil"
command to determine these NV collection name values, but how can we get
these value(s) into a meaningful variable(s) that we could forward to
T/EC and T/EC would understand and translate appropriately?  Thanks,

Joe Prokott - West Group
Network Architect
610 Opperman Drive
St. Paul, MN  55123