Re: Going to TME 10 Framework

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Going to TME 10 Framework
From: Vladimir Petr <petr@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 07:44:16 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello;

The destination dispatcher is the oserv daemon running on all managed
nodes and the TMR server. In order to perform operations in the TME 10
environment, oserv on the server (ALI) and  your local oserv must be
running. As you will probably invoke methods on remote objects oserv
daemons local to those objects must also be running. There is no
communication without oserv daemons (you cannot get from a client to
an object implementation by excluding ORB-BOA, i.e. oserv).

To get the info about the destination dispatchers, run the command
odadmin odlist

This will give you current status of all the dispatchers. If some of
them are not running, start them by the odadmin start <od#> command.

You will find more information on the odadmin command in TME 10
Framework Reference Manual.

Best regards,
Vladimir.

--
Vladimir Petr

Datasys, s.r.o.
mail: petr@datasys.cz
If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well
It were done quickly.