Re: Chaging IP address of NetView Server

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Chaging IP address of NetView Server
From: Vladimir Petr <petr@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 13:54:18 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi, Cindy;
Well, even if it is just a TME10 client, the oserv might end up being
unable to start after rebooting the machine if you changed the IP
address. You should be careful upon performing this change, especially
when you do this via system commands and not by using TME10.

To change the IP address by using the desktop, go to the Properties of
the managed node. There you can edit interfaces of that managed node.
However, you cannot edit the primary interface. For this you must use
the wifconfig command being run on the client. See man wifconfig.

If you use system commands to change the IP address, you must tell the
TMR server of this change by means of the odadmin command. After you
change the IP address, let your TME10 administrator with the super
role log in to the TMR server (local to the client) and run

odadmin odlist
to get the object dispatcher number for the client.

To make the address change let him run

odadmin odlist change_ip <od#> <new_address>

Then restart the oserv on the client.

You will find more information in the odadmin man page.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vladimir.

--
Vladimir Petr

Datasys, s.r.o.
mail: petr@datasys.cz
If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well
It were done quickly.