Re: Problems with daemons

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Problems with daemons
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@SKILLS-1ST.CO.UK>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 10:25:38 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
John Azir wrote:

>     When I execute an "ovstatus" the behavior of the daemons
> "trapgend and mgragentd" is OVs_NON_WELL_BEHAVED. I would want to know
> how to fix this problems and how can it affect to the general behavior
> of the NV.

John,
Don't worry about a status of NON_WELL_BEHAVED - as I remember, it means
that a daemon was not designed to run under control of ovspmd - if
that's the way it's designed, that's the way it's gonna be!  This
certainly figures for trapgend as it is the AIX agent, rather than a
part of the NetView server collection of processes.

Only worry if the status is NOT_RUNNING.
Cheers, Jane
--
Jane Curry
Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565