NetView enterprise 3com traps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NetView enterprise 3com traps
From: Adriana Gomes <agomes@VE.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 10:33:41 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
To:   nv-l@ucsbvm.ucsb.edu

Hello,

In NetView Trap Configuration, there is an enterprise trap called 3com (1.
3.6.1.4.1.43), which includes many traps, from 3COM_1 to 3COM_78. I would
like to associate some of them to 3Com switchs, like SuperStack-II SW
1000/3000 and CellPlex 7000 (ATM switch).

In the 3Com WEB site mentions the management RFC supported by these
devices. On CellPlex 7000, for example, it supports RFC1213, RFC1695, AToM
2 MIB, SONET MIB, Private Chassis MIB, LEC MIB, RMON MIB and Interface
Evolution MIB. Although, the traps associated with these MIB files are few
(if you edit the MIB file and look at the TRAP-TYPE definitions), and I
didn't find any relation between the NetView traps called 3com and the
traps defined from MIB files supported by switchs. (in NetView, in the
description field for each trap don't describe any specific device).

Do you know in which devices the NetView 3com traps are defined? Can I use
the 3COM_3 trap, for example, in a CellPlex ATM switch? The generic
enterprise name 3com means the traps are supported by all 3com devices?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Adriana

Adriana Gomes N.
Phone: (582) 9088615.   Tie-line: 777-8615
Address: Av. Ernesto Blohm, Ed. IBM. Chuao. Caracas, Venezuela.
e-mail: agomes@ve.ibm.com