Re: Use of ESE.automation

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Use of ESE.automation
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 10:37:41 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
The order in which rulesets are loaded has no effect, because nvcorrd build
a huge internal array out of them, so the order in which rulesets are
listed in ESE.automation makes no difference.  You can have as many as you
like in there.  Having many small rulesets is much better than one large
one, since they are easier to debug and to manage.  And nvcorrd doesn't
care whether there is one or several.  I have seen customer files with as
many as 30 rulesets in ESE.automation but that is not typical.

Just remember that rulesets in ESE.automation are run by nvcorrd on behalf
of actionsvr.  They do not affect the user's display, so you cannot use
things like "Forwrad" or "Resolve" in rulesets run out of ESE.automation,
nor will Override of status work, since that requires an events window for
its API.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Eric ORTHEAU <eortheau@synopse.fr> on 09/14/98 09:47:37 AM