Re: tralertd

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: tralertd
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 07:14:12 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
tralertd is a special daemon for use with the NetView Host Connection (also
known as Service Point) to forward NetView events to a mainframe running
NetView/OS390.  If you have not installed Service Point, or it is not
active, then tralertd will shut down immediately after you start it.
Normally this daemon is not registered.  So if you don't have Service Point
installed, then you should de-register this daemon with the command
     /usr/OV/bin/ovdelobject /usr/OV/lrf/tralertd.lrf

Most likely your problem with the snapshot is that you do not have write
permission to the map database.  Use ovwls to find out and ovwperms to
change it.  There are man pages on both these commands and on tralertd as
well.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Dimitri Setti <Dimitri.Setti@FCCRT.IT> on 09/17/98 07:09:38 AM