Nways - space vanishing in /tmp

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Nways - space vanishing in /tmp
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@SKILLS-1ST.CO.UK>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 14:12:45 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
NV for AIX V5.0, Nways 1.2.1 full suite, AIX 4.2.1...
I have seen a scenario twice now where after rebooting the machine, my
/tmp has around 65Mb free of a 72Mb filesystem.  Sometime subsequently
after NV and Nways have been running for, say, 3 hours, /tmp is at 100%
utilisation.  If I do a "du" disk used, only around 6 Mb is used - LOST
60+Mb!!!  I believe this can be caused if the Op Sys opens lots of
files, deletes them but the controlling process doesn't terminate.
Certainly there is often continuous disk rattle on the system.

Anyone know what Nways might be doing?  I don't see this with a NetView
only system.

Cheers, Jane
--
Jane Curry