Virtual Private Networks

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Virtual Private Networks
From: Kealy Adams <kealy@INS.COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 08:30:31 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
You are invited to participate in International Network Services? (INS)
latest web-based industry survey entitled: ?Virtual Private Networks
(VPNs) ? What are the Real Benefits and Pitfalls??  at
http://www.ins.com/surveys/

As with our previous surveys, the purpose of this project is to generate
valuable comparative information that can help you and organizations
like yours better understand and address the VPN issues facing them.

Responding to this survey should only take about 5-10 minutes of your
time.  This study is being conducted for research purposes only.  The
information provided will be combined with that of other respondents for
analysis only and reported in summary form only.  All responding
organizations and individuals will remain confidential and will not be
added to any marketing mailing list.

The following schedule will be followed for this survey:

   September 1  - Survey start date
   September 30  - Last day survey responses accepted
   November 1  - Release of complete survey results

INS has been conducting web-based industry surveys for over a year.
During that time, we have produced survey reports on the following
topics:

 Network Performance Management
 Remote Access Services
 Network Operations Centers
 Network Professionals? Job Satisfaction
 Network System Management Total Cost of Ownership
 Web/Java-based Management
 Service Level Management
 Network Security

If you or your associates in the industry have an interest in the
results of these topics or want to participate in our VPN survey, please
visit our website at http://www.ins.com/surveys.

Thank you for your time and support.

Kealy Adams
(408) 543-0435