Profile problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Profile problem
From: Alain Menezes <a.menezes@CGER.BE>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 14:15:46 PDT
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

Here's an AIX question : all the applications, daemons, launched during the
boot process through all the rc.* files are launched by root. The problem I've
got is that the /.profile contains execution of home-made scripts (that set
environment variables) that are located in file systems that aren't mounted yet
when the rc.* files are executed. The only solution I see would be to put these
scripts in the / (or /usr or /var) directory. Does anyone have any other
suggestion ? Is it possible to have the mount done earlier ?

Thanks

Al

Alain Menezes                                   Email: a.menezes@cger.be
ASLK-CGER Services GIE                          Tel.:  +32 2 228.55.74
Rue Fossé-aux-Loups, 48                               Fax.:  +32 2 228.83.69
1000  Brussels