Re: analyze % of traffic over a WAN circuit related to telnet,

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: analyze % of traffic over a WAN circuit related to telnet, ftp, X traffic, etc
From: Connie Logg <cal@SLAC.STANFORD.EDU>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 12:25:47 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
The way I do this is I have two netscout probes in line with our two wan
links.  I have the probes configured to log data for various protocols I am
interested in.  I log hosts, conversations and of course traffic stats.
The netscout api's and gui can then be used to generate daily reports.
There are some caveats.  One must understand how the probes work.

Connie Logg

At 09:17 AM 9/25/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Please check http://www.tavve.com/nmsweb/ciscortr/index.html for a sample of
>what can be done to manage Cisco links and etc.

" Of course the opinions expressed here are my own. "

Connie Logg    CAL@SLAC.Stanford.Edu  ph: 650-926-2879
Network Management and Performance Analyst
SLAC (MS 97), P.O. Box 4349, Stanford, CA 94309

"Happiness is found along the way, not at the end of the road."