Re: NetView 5/Framework Installation problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView 5/Framework Installation problem
From: Kathryn Cooksey <kathryn@TKG.COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 09:46:00 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I recall that there's a difference between deleting the icons and deleting the software....and that the way the menus are structured, the distinction isn't too clear.  Unfortunately, I don't have the materials/envt with me to tell you exactly what to do, but I seem to remember that there's some file that tells Framework what's installed, and that you have to delete the NetView line  in that file before you reinstall to ever see the icons again.

James Ko wrote:

 In an attempt to install NetView 5 with AIX 4.2.1,  we encountered a small problem. I'm wonder if any kind sole
wouldn't mind to help pointing us to the right direction.

It appears that after deleting the icons from Framework, we are no longer able to see the icon after re-installing
NetView.  Is there a way to recover this? or we pretty much have to re-install AIX and NetView and start
everything over again?

Appreciate your help.

--
James Ko, Global Technical Services | Email: jamesko@nortel.ca
Nortel, Carrier Packet Networks     | Mailstop: 257  Dept: D360