Re: Programs for reporting

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Programs for reporting
From: Roger Kearsley <KEARSR@SPCS.BRITISHSTEEL.CO.UK>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 09:52:49 +0000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Roger Kearsley
09/30/98 09:52 AM

To:   NV-L @ UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:

We also use SAS and can concur with the comments below. It is very
customisable so most people could satisfy their analysis requirements.

joel.gerber@USAA.COM on 29/09/98 18:14:53

Please respond to NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Roger Kearsley/IT/BritishSteel1)

We use SAS Institute's IT Service Vision product.  It does a great job of
managing lots of historical data with very little effort on your part.  It
can produce webified reports, but will require some effort on your part
depending on what your reporting requirements are.  The strength of ITSV is
that you can manipulate the data with a SAS program to do any kind of
statistical analysis you want: trending, forecasting, thresholding,
exception reporting, service level reporting, etc.