Re: Reverse Name Resolution

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Reverse Name Resolution
From: Ray Schafer <schafer@TKG.COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 20:14:31 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Dave,

The netsvc.conf file should change both forward and reverse!  The NSORDER
environmental variable will override the netsvc.conf file.  Try for example:
NSORDER=local,bind host <IP Address>
then try
NSORDER=bind,local host <Same IP Address>

If that shows the resolution properly, then netsvc.conf should work also.

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer@tkg.com
The Kernel Group              | Network Computing Consulting