Re: NV 5.0 on Framework 3.6?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NV 5.0 on Framework 3.6?
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 16:22:12 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
NetView 5.0 will fail to install on Framework 3.6.  Please see Mark
Sklenarik's note from 09/29:
==================
To:  NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:
Subject:  NetView v5.0 and Framework 3.6 -CORRECTION

Sorry,
I gave out some WRONG information yesterday,  when I stated that NetView
V5.0 will install onto Framework 3.6.

NetView V5.0 will NOT install on Framework 3.6. The install fails.
To install NetView on Framework 3.6 you must have NetView V5.1.

I should have known this, I wrote the defect when V5 failed to install on
Framework 3.6, we had to put a code change into NetView V5.1 so that it
would install on both Framework 3.2 and Framework 3.6..

Mark Sklenarik
Tivoli Verification - RTP
Bldg 500, 4205 South Miami Blvd,  Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Email: mark.sklenarik@tivoli.com              Http: www.tivoli.com

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott@WESTGROUP.COM> on 10/05/98 04:10:22 PM