Forwarding Netview events to the T/EC (T/EC Event Class and Slot

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Forwarding Netview events to the T/EC (T/EC Event Class and Slot mapping)
From: "Brook, Bryan S" <bryan.s.brook@LMCO.COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 08:30:08 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
ON the Netview v5.0 for AIX GUI, I'm in the Options->Event
Configuration->Trap Customization screen.  After choosing an enterprise and
specific event, I choose modify.  Now on the screen there is a text box for
T/EC Event Class and a button for T/EC Slot Map ....  I want to map the
nv_varXX slots with useful information but I cant seem to do so.  What is
the syntax for filling in the slot name and slot value.  Im following the
online dynatext but nothing seems to work.  The Slot Map popup is initially
empty (no choices are listed).

As for the Event class, can I edit the nvserverd.baroc file, compile it,
load it, stop/start event server, and then just simply type in my newly
defined event class in the Event Class textbox on this screen?

Thanks,
Bryan