Re: Databases between AIX and NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Databases between AIX and NT
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 10:14:13 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
reset_ci has two functions.  First, it re-builds the OVORS_M database
structure.  If you don't do this, then you may have trouble later trying to
do ovaddobj and ovdelobj to change daemon options.  But otherwise it may
not show up.  Then it does mapadmin -u just like you did.  reset_ci is just
a script; you can browse it to see what it does.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott@WESTGROUP.COM> on 10/09/98 10:01:19 AM

      NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>