Re: Problems with registration files (LRF)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Problems with registration files (LRF)
From: Jim Kellock <jkelloc@IBM.NET>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 21:34:07 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
This is frequently a name resolution problem.  Check nslookup <hostname>
If these all seem to produce correct results, try ovorsutil -d and check
whether the contents of the /usr/OV/conf/ovors file contains the current
name/ip address.

If everything except ovorsutil produces the same forward and reverse
resolution, run /usr/OV/service/reset_ci.  Otherwise, fix your DNS.

Hope this helps.