Re: The mgragentd will not start

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: The mgragentd will not start
From: Leonard Bocock <leonard.bocock@NZ.UNISYS.COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 09:17:32 +1200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
what you are saying doesn't make sense.  The 3.2-TMF-0003 Patch is a patch
fix for Solaris 2.6 and an xterm bug - my experience is unless you load the
patch using wpatch you won't even get the Tivoli framework gui to run on
solaris 2.6, let alone install the patch through the gui!  This bug
exhibits the problem where the Tivoli logo comes up momentarily and then
disappears.  The only way I know to load tmf-0003 is with wpatch!

re: mgragentd: make sure snmp is running on the box.  do a ps -ef , you
should see an snmp process running.  If not start it.  Refer to the install
notes for the snmp stuff.

Regads, Leonard

Wiggo Moller <wmoller@SDATA.NO> on 19/10/98 22:08:30

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>