Framework 3.2 installtion problem on NT4 SP3

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Framework 3.2 installtion problem on NT4 SP3
From: "Wigg, David" <David.Wigg@WANG.COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 09:54:26 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,
        I'm having a problem installing framework 3.2 (LK2T-6059-03) on NT
4.0 SP 3. I have installed framework according to the release
notes/installation guide - allowing the installer to create the non
privileged account, and allowing the files to be installed in the default
places. I have set no account password. I have installed the desktop on the
same machine but it fails to connect.

I have checked the services and the oserv is not running - it returns error
1067 when I try to start it. I have attached an excerpt form the oservlog
file. This sequence of messages appears each time I try to start oserv. I am
assuming it is oserv being down that prevents the connection form the
desktop?

It is probably something simple, but I can't see what it is. Everything
checks out ok. Can you help please?

Log file extract from oservlog:
10/19/98 16:49:06: ^Hmm... looks like you're running NT 4.0 Service Pack 3.
I won't create a console.
10/19/98 16:49:06: ^Creating separate WindowsStation and Desktop.
10/19/98 16:49:06: CreateWindowStation failed: The specified module could
not be found.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Dave