Netview upgrade or OpenView ?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview upgrade or OpenView ?
From: Gareth Jones <Gareth@GSJONES.DEMON.CO.UK>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 10:02:21 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
We are currently running TME 10 V4.1 and want to run Dell Enterprise
manager but this requires 4.2. We also want to run Compaq insight
manager. I have been trying without successes to find a price for
version 5.x, our original suppliers (Anix Computing) say that IBM no
longer support the product and they cant get an answer from Tivoli. I
have emailed Tivoli via their web page for info or a local supplier but
have had no reply.
Also as it would appear that as we would need to buy the whole product
again as there is no upgrade would it make more sense to switch to
Openview as this seems to me to have more free add-ons is better
supported?
Thanks

Gareth Jones
Gareth.Jones@Bristol-west.co.uk         Work